The wait is finally over, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger arrives this summer.
March 6, 2009 - Torrance, CA (March 5th, 2008) - Aksys Games, a leading publisher of interactive entertainment products, is very proud to announce today that BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger will arrive on PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system. Developed by Arc System Works, creators of the widely popular Guilty Gear franchise, BlazBlue will give fighting game fans across the globe the chance to enjoy the title that has been hailed as "the true renaissance of 2D fighting games" when it is released in Summer of 2009!
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger features twelve, extraordinarily detailed, hand-drawn characters in true high-definition glory. Each character has been finely crafted to express their personality traits through unique "Drive" attacks that can turn the tide of battle instantly. Fans of the Guilty Gear series will also be pleased hear the hard-hitting rock soundtrack, composed by famed Guilty Gear creator, Daisuke Ishiwatari!
"As the spiritual successor to the Guilty Gear series, BlazBlue pushes the 2D fighting game genre by introducing intuitive system mechanics with beautiful 2D animation and gorgeous 3D backgrounds," states Michael Manzanares, Associate Producer, Aksys Games. "Once you play BB, you'll find it hard to go back to anything less."
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Features
- The First HD 2D Fighter from the Creators of the Guilty Gear Series! Be prepared to be blinded by the awesomeness that is BlazBlue, with its stunning characters--each one animated with over 1800 frames of hand-drawn, high-definition sprites!
- Console-Exclusive Content! Brand new music, animations, backgrounds, and a fully fleshed-out story mode have been made exclusively for the console release!!
- Dual Language Support! Experience the fully realized BlazBlue saga with fully-voiced dialogue in English or Japanese!!
- Online Battle Train your skills online through ranked and player battles. Create online lobbies where up to six players can battle each other or spectate from the sidelines to gauge their opponents!!
- A Plethora of Defensive and Offensive Options at Your Disposal! Take advantage of Barriers, Counter Assaults, Rapid Cancels, Barrier Bursts, Ukemi Tactics, Distortion Drives, and console-exclusive Astral Heat for all characters!
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger has not yet been rated by the ESRB. More information about Aksys Games and BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger can be found at www.aksysgames.com.